I’m taking a class right now at ICP, titled The Narrative Portrait. Amy Arbus is the instructor, and she’s guiding 12 or so of us through personal photographic journeys, giving hard critiques and opening our minds to better visual storytelling. The ongoing assignment is to photograph one subject over a ten week period, and I have chosen my Grandmother. She will be turning 95 in March and lives about an hour and a half away, in East Northport on Long Island. She graciously accepted my proposal to be my model & subject, and unfortunately I am missing this week’s photo session due to an ill-timed blizzard. Such is life, I suppose; I can control a lot of things, but the weather is not one of them! Here are a few pictures from my previous session with my Grandmother.
- Natalie & Patrick’s Fairytale Love Story at the Branford House, University of Connecticut, Avery Point
- Mallory & Jarret’s Southampton Beach Wedding
- Emily & Peter’s Intimate Chelsea Loft Wedding, NYC
- From Date Night to Brunch: A tasting dinner with Casa Noble Tequila
- Cathryn & Tommy’s North Fork, Long Island Winery Wedding